The work below was created and submitted by
current and former PPE students
How to Apply
Except in extraordinary circumstances, we expect PPE applicants to have completed or be in the process of completing each of the required introductory courses (excluding ECON101 CM which must be completed before the economics section of PPE PPE 110A CM/PPE 110B CM).
Your application for the PPE program should contain the following provided in pdf format:
- Informal Transcript
- Make sure to include classes taken through the fall (those in progress) of the year you apply
- Resume featuring PPE-pertinent accomplishments
- Emphasizing more recent activities and accomplishments, especially any that took place during the time you have been enrolled in college
- Interpreting ‘PPE pertinent’ very broadly to include service, organizations, work and other significant experiences, sports and the arts, offices held, etc.
- Personal Statement, no more than two double-spaced pages in length, on what you hope to gain from the PPE program and what you will bring to the PPE program.
- Be sure to address the distinctive contributions, experiences and viewpoints that you can bring to the Program and the discussions that take place as a part of it.
The Application Deadline is: Monday October 24th, 2022 by 12:00 pm noon
The application can be submitted through the form below, or alternatively, by emailing the three components to Anastasia.Garcia@claremontmckenna.edu
Acceptance Date: Friday November 4th, 2022
Our hope is that you are as informed as possible throughout the process, so please feel free to utilize any of the following resources if you have further questions:
Program Director Dedicated PPE Office Hours: W 3:00-5:00, and by appointment (reserve individual slots by email)
Contact PPE Faculty, current PPE Students, and the PPE Program Administrator.
Submitting your Application
Use the form below, attaching all three components as PDFs, to submit your application. Alternatively, if you are unable to use the form below, you may send Anastasia.Garcia@claremontmckenna.edu an email with all three components attached as PDFs.
Applications must be submitted no later then Monday October 24th, 2022 by 12:00 pm noon